Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to 127.0.0.1:11211, Connection refused (111) in /home/autoclubhub/public_html/applications/ipb/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/autoclubhub/public_html/applications/ipb/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php:90) in /home/autoclubhub/public_html/applications/ipb/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/autoclubhub/public_html/applications/ipb/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php:90) in /home/autoclubhub/public_html/applications/ipb/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/autoclubhub/public_html/applications/ipb/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php:90) in /home/autoclubhub/public_html/applications/ipb/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/autoclubhub/public_html/applications/ipb/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php:90) in /home/autoclubhub/public_html/applications/ipb/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/autoclubhub/public_html/applications/ipb/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php:90) in /home/autoclubhub/public_html/applications/ipb/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Toyota Auris - Toyota Auris - Toyota Owners Club South Africa

•  

Photo

Toyota Auris

Info & Problems

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 nielvanbrakel@gmail.com

nielvanbrakel@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model:Toyota Auris 180rx

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

Hi Guys, I am in the process of buying a 2009 Toyota Auris 180 RX. I love the look of the car and also the interior. You get a lot for very little money.

Now my question is when I take delivery of the vehicle, what should be the key area that should focus on for the last and final inspection from my side. PLEASE ASSIST for those you can and have knowledge.

Also where can one download the owners manual in pdf format from the web.

Help would be appreciated

Niel

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Kadaffi

Kadaffi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Toyota Model:2011

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:15 AM

Dude most toyota's boast long lasting engines good overall drivability. I have a auris 1.6xs wid a viper performance exhaust (no chip, no internals changed, no hidden piggy backs or gas) and I give 20v's, polo vivo gti(118kw), fiesta st(2ltr none turbo), golf 6 1.4tsi, golf mk1 2ltr(8v and 16v) among a few at least 2 cars from the line all the way to my cars governed limit of 197km. The only problem I have with the auris is the lack of power it has from the bottom up until 3000rpm there after my vvt feels good (^.^). And the 4way disk brakes are crap! I've had a problem with the braking system since I have purchased my vehicle brand new. Changed all 4 disks by 20 000km. Anti rattle clips have been making noise since 12 000km till now @ 65 000km. Guess family car brakes just isn't suited for my style of driving. Other than that the car is a good car to drive. Btw the only reason I put an aftermarket exhaust is coz I didn't know if my car was on an iddle every time I came to a stop coz of how silent it is. Fuel consumption is good. If u putting an exhaust, it will depend on hw u drive. Overall its ooooooookkkkaaaaayyyy if u wana spend less for an eco car lol.

#3 Ryanj252

Ryanj252

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Visual Effects Artist, Motion Designer, Gamer, Computer Hardware, Tech Stuff, Gardening, Aquariums, My Wife :) , Youth Development, Racing, Cars
  • Toyota Model:Auris 160RT

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

Kadaffi, where you get your exhaust from and what size? 57mm?

Ryan_s_Auris_banner.jpg

#4 Smurfy03

Smurfy03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Toyota Model:2008 Auris 1.6rt

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:02 PM

Whats the difference between the Viper and power flow?

#5 Ryanj252

Ryanj252

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Visual Effects Artist, Motion Designer, Gamer, Computer Hardware, Tech Stuff, Gardening, Aquariums, My Wife :) , Youth Development, Racing, Cars

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

Im sure its just brand difference. Im getting my exhaust done at profit this saturday hopefully

Ryan_s_Auris_banner.jpg

#6 Smurfy03

Smurfy03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

Yo Ryan did you get exhaust fitted? And how does it sound? Is there a diff in acceleration?

#7 Ryanj252

Ryanj252

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

Yeah man! Got it fitted Saturday morning, took about 1hr 40min. Because my car doesnt make over 100kW, they fitted a 50mm exhaust. I asked for a deep tamed sound something thats not too loud and rough. Will record a video later today. But here's some images:
 DSC_1052.jpg 

DSC_1053.jpg

DSC_1054.jpg

As for the sound....i was smiling the entire way home, PLUS the wife loves the sound! Definitely a performance gain as well, acceleration is alot more responsive than it used to be. Definitely a kick when I put my foot down around 1200RPM. Pro-fit said I could get some extra gains with a decat aswell, but that'll require a Lamda Fooler (R800) as a decat will cause a Check Engine light.

Ryan_s_Auris_banner.jpg

#8 Smurfy03

Smurfy03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

Cool... may i ask how much you paid for it?

#9 Ryanj252

Ryanj252

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:14 AM

R1750 - Full Exhaust for 1600 Engine. Stainless Steel, 5 Year Guarentee. 50mm Diameter

Ryan_s_Auris_banner.jpg

#10 Smurfy03

Smurfy03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

cool buddy... post some more pics when you get a chance really like to see how your Tail piece sits.

#11 Smurfy03

Smurfy03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

hi Ryan did you managed to do that Vid as yet? would really like to hear how it sound... im very interested in fitting me one on my Auris....

#12 Kadaffi

Kadaffi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

Whats the difference between the Viper and power flow?

#13 Kadaffi

Kadaffi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

Tops ryan I'm sure u enjoying the sound. The difference between viper performance and everyone else is: viper does a dyno before and after to show you actual power gains, they reset ur airflow. And the quality of their exhaust material is good. Their metals are highly polished to allow much smoother flow. My exhaust is 60m decated with my tail pipe coming out the centre. It gurgles on low revs and bust out small flames on red line. Will try and get some pics up. And possibly a vid or sound clip of my exhaust.

#14 Ryanj252

Ryanj252

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:13 AM

Kadaffi, Explain the reason for resetting your Airflow Meter? Did you change your intakes? Why should the airflow meter be reset? Can it not sense on its own that bigger amounts of air is being sucked in if a different intake was indeed added?

Ryan_s_Auris_banner.jpg

#15 Smurfy03

Smurfy03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:07 PM

Ryan how you enjoying ur exhaust.... Wanted to know after putting it on are you saving on fuel?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users